Broken Glass Cupcakes.
You can cook Broken Glass Cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broken Glass Cupcakes
- You need of Cupcakes.
- It’s 1 can of white frosting.
- Prepare 1 box of Red Velvet Cake mix.
- It’s of Sugar Glass.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tarter.
- You need of Edible Blood.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of water, or more if needed.
- You need 15 dash of drops of Red Food coloring.
- You need 3 dash of drops of Blue food coloring.
Broken Glass Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare Red Velvet Cake Mix According to box, line cupcake tins with paper cupcake liners. Divide cake batter between lined cupcake tins. Bake according to box instructions. Let cool and frost cupcakes with white frosting.
- Make the sugar glass. Mix 2 cups water, 1 cup corn syrup, white sugar, and cream of tartar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Use a candy thermometer and boil sugar syrup until temperature reaches 300°F (hard ball), stirring constantly. The mixture will thicken as water evaporates. When sugar reaches 300°F, quickly pour onto a metal baking pan. Cool until completely hardened. Break into "shards" using a meat mallet. Or anything hard.
- Make the edible blood. Mix together 1/2 cup corn syrup and cornstarch in a large bowl. Slowly stir in the 1/4 cup of water, adding more if necessary, until the corn syrup mixture has thickened to the consistency of blood. Stir in the red and blue food coloring.Stab each frosted cupcake with a few shards of broken sugar glass. Drizzle on drops of "blood" to complete the effect..