Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin.
You can cook Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin
- It’s 2 of zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise, then crosswise diagonally.
- It’s 1/2 of of a sweet onion, sliced in half crosswise, then length wise.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated.
Pan-fried Zucchini Gratin step by step
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan to medium high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook covered for 10 minutes..
- Turn zucchini and onion over with a spatula to cook other side. Onion and zucchini should start to become carmelized. Continue to cook covered on medium high heat for 10 minutes..
- Turn vegetables over. Add salt. Take care not to burn. Reduce heat as needed. If burning does occur, add small amount of water to deglaze pan and continue. Flavor is enhanced by this process nonetheless..
- Cook covered for another 5 minutes. Turn vegetables over and top with parmesan cheese. Cover. Cook on low for 5 minutes then turn off heat and let sit on stove until cheese melts or when ready to serve..
- Serve with grilled chick'n or pasta..