Potato and Ground beef Gratin. Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Potatoes and ground meat are usually a winner in many dinner tables – so if you combine both you get the best dish of the night: Potato and Ground Beef.
Delicious layers of beef, potatoes and cheese in this beef and potato au gratin made easily in the Instant Pot – a definite winner for any family! Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. You can cook Potato and Ground beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground beef Gratin
- You need 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 6 of potatoes, boiled.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 of stems of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 c of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need 3 cups of shedded cheese.
- You need 3 Tbsp of butter.
Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture. In a small bowl combine mushroom soup, sour cream and milk. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. If potatoes aren't tender after total baking time, cover dish with aluminum foil and continue baking recipe, best, easy, ideas, potluck, casserole, potatoes, potato, cheese, cheesy, au gratin, scalloped, hamburger, beef.
Potato and Ground beef Gratin instructions
- Brown ground beef, or turkey. Drain off access grease when done. Add salt and pepper to meat..
- Take boiIed potatoes and mash them..
- In saucepan melt butter and add chopped onion stir for 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and Thyme stir until bubbly remove from heat..
- Add milk place back on heat and stir until bubbly..
- Add 2 cups of shedded cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn heat off. Remove from heat..
- In a greased 13 x 9 dish layer half of the potatoes, top with meat, top with remaining potatoes. Pour cheese sauce on top. Bake for 30 min covered..
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15min..
The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by using half & half or milk in place of the cream. I served the potatoes au gratin with beef tenderloin with red wine sauce. Add ground beef to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.