Shepherd pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. You can have Shepherd pie using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd pie
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of mixed vegetables.
- You need 4 cans of refrigerated biscuits.
- You need 2 cups of brown gravy.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of coarse ground pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. These shepherd's pies are prepared just like regular shepherd's pie, but this classic comfort This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes.
Shepherd pie instructions
- Line deep baking dish with biscuits. Let them set while doing other steps.
- Brown ground beef. Cook mixed vegetables, adding seasoning. Combine vegetables with ground beef in mixing bowl. Mix..
- Spoon 1/2 vegetable/meat mixture onto biscuits. Drizzle with 1/2 of gravy. At this time preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Add a layer of mashed potatoes, using about 1/3. Add second layer of vegetables/meat and top with gravy. Cover with rest of mashed potatoes..
- Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 15 or until potato topping is golden brown..
Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great!