Red velvet cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. You can have Red velvet cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red velvet cupcakes
- Prepare of Cupcakes.
- It’s 1/2 of oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Red food colouring.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of White vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coffee(1/4 cup hot water+ 1/4 teaspoon coffee granules).
Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video. Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red velvet cupcakes step by step
- Preaheat oven to 350°F or 170℃. Line pan with paper liners..
- In a bowl, sift flour, add cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda,salt and mix..
- In another bowl, mix oil and sugar, beat in egg. Add the buttermilk (if not available, you can mix 1teaspoon of white vinegar and 1/2 cup milk), add food colour, coffee and vinegar..
- Mix in flour. Careful not to overmix..
- Pour batter into pan and bake until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out a bit crumbly. Remove from oven and cool before removing from pan..
- Cool completely before frosting. This cake tastes amazing with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy.
The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. I shared my favorite red velvet cake recipe earlier this year, and it led to lots of questions about red velvet cupcakes. I should have seen this coming, but was not prepared and hadn't tested out my.