Red Velvet Cake with fruit.
You can cook Red Velvet Cake with fruit using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake with fruit
- Prepare of sponge mix.
- It’s 120 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 300 grams of golden caster sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 20 grams of cocoa powder.
- You need 40 ml of red food colouring.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 240 ml of sour cream.
- Prepare 300 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of bicarbonate soda.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare of cream cheese icing.
- Prepare 300 grams of icing sugar (sifted).
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 125 grams of cream cheese.
Red Velvet Cake with fruit instructions
- preheat the oven to 170.
- grease two circle cake tins.
- cream the butter and sugar for 5mins or untill light and airey,slowly add the eggs whilst beating.
- add the red food colouring,the cocoa powder and vanilla extract mixing all the time..
- then with a spatula fold in the sour cream..
- sift in half the flour,adding the bicarbonate of soda as you go folding half way thru. you should have a smooth mixture at this point,if not beat untill you do..
- pour the mixture into the lined tins and bake 30-35mins checking half way thru..
- to make the icing beat the icing sugar,butter and cream cheese together on slow-med speed untill well mixed. Do not over beat!.
- assemble the cake together and decorate how you like I used fresh fruit and a dusting of icing sugar to finish it off..