Red Velvet Cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. You can have Red Velvet Cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s of Cake mixture.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- It’s 120 ml of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of red food colouring (liquid).
- It’s 180 ml of sunflower oil.
- You need 200 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 225 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of heaped cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- It’s 100 grams of cream cheese.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 200 grams of icing sugar(confectioners sugar).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video. Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- preheat oven to 180°C..
- whisk the egg in a bowl for a minute..
- add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and sunflower oil..
- dump the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and food colouring into the bowl an d mix together..
- whisk for a few minutes until combined and smooth..
- spoon into cupcake cases sat in a muffin tray so they are ¾ full..
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes until risen and cooked – test with a knife and it should come out clean..
- cool the cupcakes in their cases..
- slice a little off of the top of the cupcakes to make it flat and keep the trimmings to one side..
- for frosting.
- beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy with the vanilla..
- add icing sugar and stir until combined..
- spread a little icing on top of the cupcake and crumble some sponge off-cuts on top to decorate..
The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. I shared my favorite red velvet cake recipe earlier this year, and it led to lots of questions about red velvet cupcakes. I should have seen this coming, but was not prepared and hadn't tested out my.