Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can have Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare of Sponge.
- Prepare 60 grams of unsalted butter.
- It’s 140 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of red food colouring.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 30 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 225 grams of all purpose/plain flour.
- Prepare 120 ml of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- It’s 25 grams of salted butter.
- You need 125 grams of cream cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 125 grams of confectioners/icing sugar.
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Makes 12 cakes.
- Preheat oven to 180°c/350°f/gas 4.
- Line a 12 hole cupcake pan with paper cases.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale. Slowly add the egg until well incorporated.
- In a seperste bowl beat the vanilla, colouring, salt and cocoa into a thick paste and beat into the butter mixture.
- With the mixer on a slow speed, add the flour and buttermilk alternating each and begining and ending with the flour.
- Stir the vinegar into the baking soda and fold into the mixture.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the pan into the paper cases to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting: beat the butter and cream cheese together until there are no lumps.
- Add the vanilla and gradually add the sugar.
- Either use a piping bag or a spoon to decorate your cakes once cool.