Red Velvet Cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. You can have Red Velvet Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sifted cake flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of regular or Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk (or add 1/2 tbsp of white/cider vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 a cup of milk and let stand 5-10 minutes).
- It’s 1 tbsp of liquid red food coloring.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white distilled vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video. Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red Velvet Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C) and line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- With an electric or with a hand mixer, beat the butter till soft (about1-2 minutes). Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the egg and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined..
- In a measuring cup whisk the buttermilk with the red food coloring. With the mixer on low speed, alternatively add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour..
- In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter..
- Working quickly, divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups and smooth the tops with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean..
- Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Let cool completely before frosting, if desired..
- Makes 12 cupcakes..
The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. I shared my favorite red velvet cake recipe earlier this year, and it led to lots of questions about red velvet cupcakes. I should have seen this coming, but was not prepared and hadn't tested out my.