Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries. Chocolate cake like Brownies with Orange Icing sweet and creamy texture wonder full taste great flavor. With it's stunning red, velvety texture, it's always a winner. A simple baked version of an iconic cake, with an irresistible Cream Cheese Icing.
Once cool, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Store cake in an airtight container in refrigerator. For the Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter in a large. You can cook Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries
- It’s 180 grams of butter (softened).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red food colouring.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cherries to serve.
- Prepare 250 grams of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 60 grams of butter (softened).
- You need 1 cup of icing sugar mixture.
- You need 2 tsp of orange zest.
- You need 2 tsp of orange juice.
- You need 2 each of eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
Recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake – Two layers of red velvet cake with a layer of cheesecake in the middle, topped with cream cheese frosting. Watch the video showing you how to assemble this Red Velvet Cheesecake cake. Then scroll to the very end of the post to print out the recipe so. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red Velvet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing and Cherries instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line round cake tin with baking paper..
- Beat 180g butter,sugar and vanila in large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Sift flour and cocoa together. Add flour mixture and buttermilk, in batches,until well-combined (start off with flour them buttermilk,alternating and finishing with flour)..
- Add vinegar, baking soda and food colouring. Stir to combine then spoon mixture evenly into cake pan. Use back of spooon to smooth surface..
- Bake in oven for 25-30 mins r until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 mins before turning into wire rack to cool completely..
- To make icing: Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add icing sugar,orange zest and juice thenbeat until well-combined..
- Place cake in turn table or keep on wire rack with tray underneath. Cut little bit of top off to smooth out (keep for crumbing). Ice whole cake and gently cover top and sides with crumbed cake top. Sprinkle cherries evenly and transfer to serving plate. Refrigerate to set cream cheese icing and serve when ready to eat..
There are many theories as to its origin. Some say it originated in the South, others say it originated in the North. All we really know for sure is that it has been a favorite for decades. For me, red velvet cake is that cake. Whether I'm ordering dessert at a restaurant or I have to make it for a special occasion, I always turn to this classic.