Onion soup au gratin. Thanks for trying the onion soup and for all the thoughtful reviews. Just a couple of comments I thought might be helpful. Directions for: French Onion Soup with Croutons au Gratin.
Distribute soup into oven safe bowls, place a slice of bread on top of each bowl and sprinkle a thick layer of cheese on top of bread. Add tomato paste, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to pot. Arrange the French bread cubes over the surface of the soup, then place the cheese evenly on top of the bread. You can cook Onion soup au gratin using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Onion soup au gratin
- You need 2 dozen of Bermuda onions.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 11/2 quarts of strong beef stock.
- You need of Salt pepper Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Celery salt.
- You need of Paprika.
Serve topped with the cheese-topped crackers. Substitute Prepare using fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth. Creamy Herbed Au Gratin Soup, Creamy Cauliflower Au Gratin Soup, Au Gratin Cheese Soup, etc. Squash, Pear, and Onion au Gratin Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
Onion soup au gratin instructions
- Peel onions under water slice thin fry in butter until brown.
- Add flour mixed with butter to onions.
- Add stock cook in double boiler.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and paprika.
Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. Is there anything more comforting on a chilly day than a hot bowl of French onion soup? On a cold evening you will find there is nothing better than a hot bowl of French onion soup with melted cheese. Learn how to prepare this easy Easy Onion Soup au Gratin for One recipe like a pro.