Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can have Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare of Cupcakes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Red Food Coloring.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of AP flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
- You need 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 2 cup of powdered sugar.
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with liners..
- On medium-high seed, cream the butter and sugar for about 3 mins, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and turn the mixture to high. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat until well incorporated..
- In a different small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and red food coloring to make a thick paste. (The amount of Red Food Coloring you use is up to you, if you like a bright red use less, if you like a deeper earthy color use 3 tablespoons, but no more.) Add to the batter and mix on medium speed until completely combined. Scrape the bottom of bowl if necessary to ensure all the batter gets color..
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add half of the buttermilk. Add half of the flour and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and repeat process. Beat on high till smooth..
- Reduce the mixer to low and add salt, baking soda, and vinegar. Turn to high and beat for no more than 15 seconds just so that everything is completely combined and smooth, but don't over mix!.
- Divide the batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for about 20 mins, or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the largest cupcake comes out clean..
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove cupcakes from pan and place them on cooling rack to cool completely for about an hour before frosting..
- For the frosting: Take the room temperature butter and cool cream cheese and mix them on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and continue to beat till well combined. Scrape the bowl when necessary. Reduce the speed to low and add the powdered sugar in 4 additions, so as not to have it fly everywhere. Beat until frosting is smooth yet not overly beaten and runny. This makes plenty of frosting to pipe both into the cupcake to give it a filing as well as on top. So since there will no doubt be left over frosting, you can freeze it in an airtight container and save it for another use. Or if you would like you could just halve the frosting recipe to make less..
- Can be stored in fridge for up to 3 days. However, it would be best to let them sit out for about 20 minutes so that they taste moist and fluffy, yet still slightly chilled..