Red Velvet Pancakes.
You can cook Red Velvet Pancakes using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Pancakes
- You need 1/2 cup of complete pancake mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of decadent red velvet cupcake mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of splash of milk.
Red Velvet Pancakes instructions
- I used my griddle iron with this recipe, you don't want it to be too hot or your pancake will brown slightly. I recommend seeing it a little under 350 not over 360..
- Grease your griddle or pan lightly with cooking oil, olive oil, or if you have some spray on like PAM..
- In a medium or large bowl pour in your measured amounts of complete pancake mix and your red velvet mix..
- Add your water and mix. The mix well be pasty from the red velvet mix. that is ok, that's how it's suppose to be..
- Take your butter and I'm small pieces drop it into the mix..
- Add one or two splashes of milk. I used 2% milk (personally), mix by hand. I mixed with a simple spoon. there will be small lumps of butter and that is fine. mix until there isn't many but they will not be of any harm. you can probably mix with your mixer to make your mixture smoother, if not you'll be fine..
- Once griddle is hot, pour on your mixture until you've reached your desired size..
- Allow them to cook just as you would any pancakes. Until it bubbles on the top and flip. I recommend 2-3 minutes each side but keep an eye on them as it may not take as long. you don't want them to cook too long..
- Once they are done I like to drizzle then with an homemade icing made from cream cheese..
- I'm not sure if this recipe works with any other pancake and red velvet mixes. I wanted red velvet pancakes and gave this a try and they came out PERFECT for me and my boys. A great alternative to making them completely from scratch. I truly hope you guys enjoy..