Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. This easy recipe combines sausage, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy to make a delicious dinner. Expect the best shepherd's pie, casserole with ground beef, chopped carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Expect the best shepherd's pie in Singapore.
The Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon until no longer pink. You can have Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- Prepare 2 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Dried basil,.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
The ultimate comfort food: Shepherd's Pie! Click the Bookmark Icon to Add to Your Favories. A true shepherd's pie originates from England and is traditionally made with ground lamb. All Reviews for Squash and Sausage Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Then, it's topped with fluffy and creamy mashed potatoes that form a golden crust. Merguez are spicy sausages from North Africa.