Red Velvet Cupcakes.
You can cook Red Velvet Cupcakes using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of White sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red food dye.
- You need 1/2 cup of Applesauce.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of White vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter.
- You need 8 oz of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cup of Powdered sugar.
Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth. Add sugar slowly and cream together until fluffy..
- Mix in egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and red food coloring. Add applesauce and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and vinegar. It will fizzle, when it stops fizzling, mix into batter.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and mix into batter. Scoop into cupcake tins, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- To make frosting: Cream butter until smooth, add cream cheese and mix until smooth, mix in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until well blended and no lumps.