Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies.
You can cook Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Prepare 1 of pkg.red velvet cake mix( regular size).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola oil ( I used 1/3 cup ).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of Filling ing..
- It’s 1 of pkg.(8 oz ) cream cheese – softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter- softened.
- Prepare 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of semi-sweet miniture chocolate chips – 6 oz..
Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° ..
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs & extract. Beat on low for 30 seconds. Then on medium speed for 2 min..
- Cut a 1/2" hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in food safe plastic bag.Transfer batter to bag. Pipe 1and 1/2" x 1" skinny hearts onto parchment paper.Spacing 1" apart. I drew mine on . Then turned paper over. Followed my outline..
- Bake 6-8 min or until edges are set. Cool 2 min. Remove to wire rack to cool..
- In a bowl beat cream cheese & butter until blended. Gradually beat in sugar stir in choc. Chips. Spread filling on bottoms of half the heart. Top with other one. Reftrgerate leftovers..