Red Velvet Cupcakes.
You can cook Red Velvet Cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 ounce of red food coloring.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pkg (8 oz) of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 16 oz of powdered sugar.
Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl..
- Cream together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in eggs..
- Mix in sour cream, milk, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat in dry mixture until just blended, do not overmix..
- Spoon batter into around 26 regular size muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or for 12 minutes if using mini muffin cups..
- Beat softened butter with vanilla until smooth, then add sifted confectioners sugar until a thick buttercream forms..
- Add room temperature cream cheese last and beat on the lowest setting for one minute until just combined..
- Pipe cream cheese frosting onto cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired..