Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1 tbsp of reduced calorie margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of reduced sodium soy sauce.
- You need 2 cup of cubed, cooked chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced and blanched.
- You need 1 cup of chopped, cleaned spinach leaves.
- You need 6 of chopped scallions.
- You need 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated skimmed milk.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves, crumbled.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
- You need 3 of medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes..
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.