Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie. Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie- All the traditional flavors of the traditional recipe without the guilt! Savory, spiced meat & veggies topped with creamy. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food, and this low-carb version, made with ground turkey and topped with cauliflower mash, is just as comforting and delicious as the original.
This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie is very filling, low-carb. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with lamb. However, I used ground beef in this recipe because my family prefers it, and it is easier for me to find. You can have Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie
- Prepare 1 lb of grass fed beef.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 2 cup of carrots chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 cup of mushroom.
- It’s 3 of celery.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
This keto shepherd's pie is made with mashed cauliflower instead of the mashed potatoes. "Cauli mash" is a great low carb alternative to mashed. With the exception of steaming the cauliflower, this Shepherd's Pie is a one pot meal: easy peasy! The second course I made at the Salt Lake Home Show on Friday night was my Healthy Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie and this Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie. Our Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie features a savory beef and veggie filling that is topped with a cheesy cauliflower mash.
Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie instructions
- Prepare mashed cauliflower.
- Brown meat.
- Sauteed veggies.
- Add meat and veggies together add broth and paste simmer.
- Layer meat mixture in pan and mashed cauliflower on top sprinkle cheese and bake at 350 until bubbling and cheese has a nice crisp to it..
This family friendly recipe is a lower carb version that will win over even your picky eaters! Mash the cauliflower in a large bowl. Stir in the butter and cheese. Mashed potatoes, which normally adorn Shepherd's Pie, are high in carbs so we replaced the potatoes with cauliflower for a low-carb swap everyone will love. Still creamy and buttery, you'll barely miss the potatoes.