You can have Vegetable Carbonara using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Carbonara
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Asparagus.
- It’s 3 stick of Basil.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 1/2 oz of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 oz of crème fraîche.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- You need 7 oz of fresh tagliatelle.
- Prepare 3 oz of Peas.
- You need 1 of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
Vegetable Carbonara instructions
- Separate the egg yolks and toss the whites, or save them, but we don't need them here. Mix in most of the Parmesan Cheese, the crème fraîche, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix it up really well..
- Add zest from the lemon and continue mixing. Set the mix aside..
- Get a pot of salty water boiling for your pasta, and cook following its instructions..
- Finely chop the garlic. Chop the bottoms off the asparagus and toss, keep the greenier parts. Chop the heads off the asparagus, and slice the rest of the stalk..
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat with a little olive oil. Once hot add garlic and cook for about a minute..
- In the pan, add asparagus and peas, cook another minute for a crunchy asparagus, or a couple for slightly softer. If your pasta isn't ready, remove the pan from the heat and wait until the pasta is about a minute from done, the. Return the pan to low heat..
- Drain the pasta keeping a little water, and add pasta into the pan with the veggies. Add the egg mixture and toss everything. Add some water from the pasta if needed to loosen it up..
- Plate and top with Parmesan Cheese and fresh basil..