You can have Cottage Pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- It’s 400 g of minced beef.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1/2 of celery.
- It’s 200 ml of soup stock.
- You need 1 Tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 50 g of butter or margarine.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Cottage Pie instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F. Chop the onion and celery into small pieces. Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces to boil until they become soft..
- To make the mash potatoes, first put the milk, butter or margarine, salt and pepper into a small pot and mix well until the butter has melted into a sauce. Then add the boiled potatoes and mash until the texture is smooth and creamy..
- Fry and brown the minced meat in a frying pan, add the chopped vegetables and fry for a min or two on a medium heat. Then add the soup stock, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for 3 min..
- Put the cooked minced meat into a oven proof dish and spread the mash potatoes over the mince as evenly as possible. Finally, bake in the oven for 30 min or until the mash potato has browned. Enjoy this dish piping hot!.