Potato and broccoli au gratin. This broccoli and potato gratin can be made individually in moulds for an extra fancy presentation. Home > Recipes > Vegetables > Broccoli and Potato Au Gratin. How to make Potatoes Au Gratin.
I have been making potato au gratin by making a white sauce for years but this is easier. Peel potatoes and boil till tender. Puree potatoes in a food processor, slowly adding lowfat milk (or possibly mash them… Pour pureed potatoes over broccoli. You can cook Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- It’s of side dishes.
- You need 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- You need 2 cup of warm half and half.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French If you're wondering what the difference is between Scalloped Potatoes and Au Gratin Potatoes, scalloped potatoes are made with a flour-butter-milk. This broccoli gratin recipe features sage with its traditional cheese and broccoli and is a versatile side dish that fits in well with many menus. Gratin using any kind of vegetable is always considered a classic of French cooking.
Potato and broccoli au gratin instructions
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
To be a gratin it must be a baked dish but distinctively must have a light. This Potatoes au Gratin is really very easy to make. There are basically two steps required for this recipe. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp.