Homeade Red Velvet Cake.
You can cook Homeade Red Velvet Cake using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homeade Red Velvet Cake
- You need of cake.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cocoa.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tbsp of red food coloring.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of icing.
- It’s 1 box of 10x Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Homeade Red Velvet Cake instructions
- Grease and lightly flour 2 8x2inch pans or line 2 12 cup muffin pans with cupcake liners..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix food coloring and cocoa together. Add vinegar stir and set to side.
- Sift flour,salt,and soda together and set to side..
- Cream Sugar and Oil. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add food coloring mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and butter milk to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract mix well.
- Pour bake into baking pans and bake on center rack for 25-30 minutes (20-25 for cupcakes).
- Allow to completely cool before icing.
- Mix cream chesse butter and powdered sugar until smooth add pecans.