Shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! You can cook Shepherd's pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- Prepare of For Mashed Potatoes (Leftover mashed potatoes can be used too):.
- Prepare 2 of large Potatoes.
- Prepare 10 g of Butter.
- Prepare 120 ml of Milk.
- Prepare of LAMB FILLING.
- You need 300 g of Ground lamb/mutton.
- Prepare 1 of Onions.
- Prepare 6 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Carrots.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- You need 240 ml of Broth.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Thyme.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Parsley.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's pie instructions
- Cook potatoes in their skins until soft. Peel and mash up with the butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Preheat ove to 200°C..
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and saute onions until soft. Add in mushrooms and continue to cook until their juices start coming out (about 5-10 minutes)..
- Add carrots and meat. Cook until the meat is browned..
- Sprinkle in the flour. Mix until the sauce thickens a little..
- Add broth, thyme and parsley and bring to a boil..
- Turn to low, and cook until most liquid is gone and the mixture is thick..
- Put lamb and vegetable filling in an oven dish and spread with mash potatoes on top..
- Bake 20-30 minutes until the pie is bubbling and potatoes are a little browned..
- Dish out and enjoy!.
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.