Whole Pumpkin Gratin.
You can have Whole Pumpkin Gratin using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Pumpkin Gratin
- You need 1 of pumpkin (kabocha).
- You need 1 of onion (slice thinly).
- Prepare 1/2-1 pack of shimeji mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 100 g of bacon, or as much as you like (cut into bite sized pieces).
- It’s 10-20 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2-1 of bouillon cube (optional).
- You need 500-600 ml of milk.
- It’s of Cheese (as much as you want).
- It’s 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Whole Pumpkin Gratin step by step
- Wash the pumpkin and cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave until softened. ＊Be careful not to heat it up too much. (reference: 8~10 mins in 700W).
- Cut about 1/4 of the upper part of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and scrape pumpkin meat from shell. (leave at least 1 cm of the shell).
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat, stir fry onion, shimeji mushrooms, bacon until the onions are browned. Turn down the heat and add the flour and mix well. Pour the milk little by little to get the smooth sauce. Add the pumpkin meat, salt and pepper and cook until thickened.(adjust the thickness to your taste).
- Pour the mixture into the pumpkin, sprinkle cheese and panko bread crumbs on top and bake in 200℃ oven for 20~25 mins or until heated thoroughly. (Cheese starts to brown and panko bread crumbs are golden).