Red velvet cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. You can cook Red velvet cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red velvet cupcakes
- You need 2 cups of cake flour (256g).
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (113g).
- It’s 1 of +1/4 cup sugar (250g).
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk (or substitute).
- Prepare 1 of +1/2 teaspoon white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of +1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of liquid red food coloring.
Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video. Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red velvet cupcakes instructions
- Preheat the oven 170c..
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and set it aside..
- In a stand mixer (medium speed) cream together the butter and sugar until thoroughly combined..
- Add eggs one at a time at medium-high speed..
- Slowly pour in the oil, buttermilk, vinegar and vanilla..
- Turn to low-medium speed and add in the dry ingredients. Continue mixing until the lumps are gone- 1-2 minutes max. Add the food coloring..
- Spray cupcake liners with nonstick spray and add the batter 3/4 of the way full..
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes. (No oven fan).
- Frost the cupcakes with either cream cheese frosting or mascarpone (i used mascarpone.).
The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. I shared my favorite red velvet cake recipe earlier this year, and it led to lots of questions about red velvet cupcakes. I should have seen this coming, but was not prepared and hadn't tested out my.