Red velvet cake 2. Red velvet cake is a subtle chocolate cake flavored with buttermilk and vinegar then enhanced in color with red food coloring. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting. There are many theories as to its origin.
In fact, the original red velvet cake got its name because the buttermilk and the vinegar naturally bring out the red undertones in the cocoa powder, giving the cake a red tint. Buttermilk and vinegar also break down the gluten in flour. *TRIED AND TRUE* Southern red velvet cake made from scratch the old-fashioned way. Easy recipe with homemade cream cheese icing. You can cook Red velvet cake 2 using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake 2
- Prepare 21/2 of Flour.
- It’s 11/2 of Sugar.
- You need 1 of ,Tsp Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 TSP of flavor (vanilla & Vanilla).
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 TSP of Color.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of Oil.
- It’s of Water/coffee 1/4 cup slightly hot.
- You need of Cocoa 1Tbsp levelled.
There is something so elegant about a red velvet cake. Maybe it's the name or that beautiful, bold red color. Or maybe it's the delicate crumb and lightly chocolatey. The First red velvet cake that I've made and that it's not a disaster!
Red velvet cake 2 instructions
- Sieve Flour,add Sugar, bs,salt.
- In a bowl whisk egg and add buttermilk, oil,flavor and Vinegar.
- Add dry Ingredients into wet in 3 parts.
- Add warm coffee or water n whisk..
- Pour in baking pan and into d oven.
- Bake for 20/30 mins at 160 degrees.
- When baked.put out on a stand to cool.
- Serve with chilled Apple drink or Ice cream.
It's a creamcheese frosting And I've decide to decorate the cake with some strawberries! I must say that my BF and room mates did enjoyed it ! Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. Red Velvet Layer Cake is a classic!