Red velvet cupcakes. Fluffy and moist, these buttery red velvet cupcakes are my favorite. The tangy cream cheese frosting puts them over the top! Over the past year, the most requested recipe on my blog is… red velvet.
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. You can have Red velvet cupcakes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red velvet cupcakes
- You need 150 g of plain flour.
- It’s 30 g of cornflour.
- Prepare 1 of medium egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 90 ml of oil.
- You need 125 g of sugar (caster is best but granulated also works).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 tsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s A few of drops red food colouring.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of water.
Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring, with the red color due to non-Dutched, anthocyanin-rich cocoa. Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe & Video. Everyone seems to enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes covered with lovely swirls of Cream Cheese Frosting.
Red velvet cupcakes step by step
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add egg, oil, vanilla extract, 2 tbsp water and food colouring and fold into flour mixture. Add 1tbsp water if mixtures appears too thick, it should be a smooth slightly runny consistency..
- Spoon into paper vases about 3/4 of the way up. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 15 minutes until springy to the touch..
- Cool before icing..
The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. All of the tips and tricks for making perfect red velvet cupcakes every single time! It's Christmas Eve and I am trying to sneak in one last. I shared my favorite red velvet cake recipe earlier this year, and it led to lots of questions about red velvet cupcakes. I should have seen this coming, but was not prepared and hadn't tested out my.