Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast. I hated pot roast and mashed potatoes. I loved canned sardines on crackers. True story, I would fight my Dad for the last one.
This is a simple recipe for a delicious pot roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions. I also show how to make a very simple beef gravy. The easiest way to cook a pot roast – in the slow cooker! You can have Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Prepare of Chuck Roast.
- It’s 32 ounce of beef broth.
- It’s 4-6 of carrots chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of diced potatoes or bag of small potatoes.
- You need 4 of shallots ( left whole unpeeled) or can use 1 small onion even pearl onions work great to!.
- You need 1 of Lipton onion recipe packet.
- It’s Dashes of Worcestershire and A1.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
This no-fail recipe turns out an amazing Sunday dinner every single time. Sunday dinner was always the best meal of the week growing up at my house. . . and pot roast was one of our staple Sunday meals. A pot roast that can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that's left to do is picking up that bottle of wine to serve. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices.
Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast instructions
- Set crockpot on low/.. (will take 8-10hrs) high (4-6 hours)/ and fill with chuck roast and beef broth and cover.
- Once starts to heat I throw seasonings in (can do in beginning).
- Let sit 2 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low (once roast gets browned color).. At this time add carrots and cover for one hour… (I do this to let meat cook more to have a tender shredded ending also so veggies don't boil and mush down ..carrots take lil longer than potatoes to cook and soften).
- Now add potatoes and onions and cover for few more hours until all tender.
- Once meat shreds on its own and potatoes are soft turn off and serve!.
- Yummy Sunday Dinner!!!.
Not to mention, all the tender potatoes. Serve this slow cooker Veal Pot Roast with Root Vegetables with a crunchy salad, perfect mashed potatoes, or an easy baked rice pilaf and everyone leaves the A Sunday dinner favourite of slow cooked veal roast, seasoned with orange zest and surrounded by an assortment of root vegetables. Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast that leaves you with tender meat, vegetables and a built in gravy to The great thing about this Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast is that the whole meal really is made in one place. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.