Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin. Second, if sautéing bacon is a step in a recipe that leads to something else being cooked in the bacon fat (like in this breakfast potatoes recipe), follow the If you like your bacon extra crispy, put a metal cooling rack inside the baking sheet. Elevating the bacon allows the strips to cook from all sides. Oven Baked Spicy Potato Wedges are a healthier alternative to the fast food classic.
Arrange your bacon slices on the outside of the pan and potatoes on the inside. Once done, remove to paper towel lined plate to. Do not slice the potatoes in advance, as they will discolor if sliced too soon. You can cook Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin
- You need 6 large of Thin sliced potato on a mandolin or otherwise.
- Prepare 4 of thin sliced large onions.
- It’s 5 large cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chillies, 1 red 1 green.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 250 g of bacon lardons.
- It’s 1 tub (300g) of creme fresh.
- You need 300 g of strong cheddar cheese grated.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need 50 g of butter.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a bowl. Learn how to make baked potatoes with this simple step-by-step video tutorial and baked potato recipe. These baked potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and SO delicious. This rich, creamy gratin gets a note of smokiness from the bacon between the layers of tender potatoes.
Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin step by step
- Fry off bacon lardons and set aside for later..
- Grate cheddar cheese into a bowl and set aside for later..
- Place 6 tablespoons of oil in frying pan. Thinly slice potatoes and onions. Place potatoes first one layer in bottom of pan then a layer of onions and sprinkle them with salt and pepper and repeat process until all potatoes and onions are in the pan. Fry gently with a lid on..
- Finley chop garlic and chillies and add to the top of potato and onion mix in frying pan. When the potatoes on the bottom have browned turn the mix over. Do this until most of the mix has browned and softened ..
- Get an oven proof dish big enough to hold all the contents of what's in the frying Crush some more garlic and and mix with the butter. Rub this around the inside of this ovenproof dish..
- Placed cooked potato and onion mix into oven proof dish . Sprinkle on bacon lardons. Sprinkle on grated cheese. Drizzle creme fresh all over. Place in oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 mins..
- Bon appetite . Love this one…
Create your own potato gratin with the Recipe Heat the reserved fat over medium-high heat and sauté leeks until tender, fragrant, and lightly browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack, or you can place them a few inches apart on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. The jacket-style potatoes and the brined potatoes, however, required more time and attention than Kitchn's. Place the potatoes in a colander and rinse thoroughly under cold, running water.