Red Velvet Cookies.
You can cook Red Velvet Cookies using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cookies
- It’s of A. Mix.
- It’s 250 g of butter (lightly softened).
- You need 2 tbsp (40 g) of cooking oil/corn oil.
- Prepare 1/2 C (110 g) of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 C (113 g) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need of Bright red food coloring.
- Prepare of B. Combine and mix.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice + 1 tsp baking soda.
- It’s of C. Combine.
- Prepare 2 C (276 g) of plain flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp (50 g) of almond meal/almond flour.
- You need 4 tbsp (50 g) of milk powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp (26 g) of corn flour.
- You need 1 tbsp (12 g) of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of D. Chocolate Bits.
Red Velvet Cookies step by step
- Preparation – Place ingredients in separate bowls A, B, and C. The whole process from mixing and forming a dough take less than 10 minutes..
- A – Using a hand mixer, mix A until just just combined..
- B – Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup. Pour this mixture to A..
- C – Next, add in C to A in batches and knead to form a soft dough..
- Wrap dough & refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add white chocolate chips to the dough before baking. Place cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 150-160°C..
- Bake cookies for 10 – 12 minutes, then remove tray from the oven. Leave these hot cookies to cool on the tray as they are very soft but will firm up nicely once cooled. Store in an airtight container. Note: Adjust oven temperature accordingly. Bake 5 cookies first and take them out after the suggested baking time is over. Leave cookies to cool and check if cookies are baked nicely with the same oven temperature and baking time suggested in this recipe..