Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting.
You can have Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting
- It’s 397 gram of all-purpose flour.
- You need 397 gram of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 of large eggs at room temperature.
- It’s 114 gram of cooking oil.
- Prepare 227 gram of buttermilk at room temperatur.
- It’s 150 ml of Curd.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 170 gram of salted butter (add 1 tsp salt if the butter is unsalted).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tbsp of super red food colour (some people use beat root pulp).
- It’s of For frosting.
- Prepare 500 ml of whipping cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chocolate chips.
Classic Red Velvet cake with whipped cream frosting instructions
- Melt butter. Ensure that the butter is melted, but not hot when using it. Sift four, cocoa powder and baking Powder together. Add sugar and combine. Shift it to a cake mixing bowl. Keep aside..
- Combine butter, eggs, oil, vinegar, buttermilk, vanilla and food colour. Whisk lightly till it all gets well combined..
- Add the wet mixure to the dry mixure. Run a whisk in it till everything is combined Well and the batter looks smooth and fluffy. Apply oil in the cake tin. Pour the batter in it till half or 3/4 the most. Bake in the oven preheated at 180c. for 35-40 min..
- Check if the cake is ready by piercing a knife or a toothpick right through at the middle. It would come out clean. The sides also saperate from the tin when ready. Let the tin rest aside for about 20 min. Then run a knife around the edges of the cake to separate it from the tin incase it's stick somewhere. place it upside down on a rake. You may place a wet cloth on the top of it to cool the cake faster. The cake will drop down on the rake..
- Let the cake cool down completely before icing. I prefer to ice the cake on the next day. Chill the bowl and the cream in freezer for about 1-2 hours (not more). Whip the cream in the chilled bowl starting with slow speed and gradually increasing it. Always use an electric machine as it takes about 15 min to whip it..
- Whip till you reach stiff pick or till the cream is stiff enough not to fall out of bowl when you turn it upside down..
- Place the cake on a levelled surface and gently cut out the doom and make it levelled at the top. Keep the crumbs aside for decoration. Then cut in the middle horizontally so as to get two circles. Place a piece on the cake board. Cover it all around with icing. Sprinkle some choco chips. Place another piece on the top and cover up the entire cake with icing. Smoothen the icing..
- Put the cake crumbs in the middle of the cake. Fill in the piping in the icing bag and fix a big star nozzle. Make a pattern around the edge of the cake using a piping bag. Put a choco chip on each pattern. Stick some crumbs on the sides of the cake. And our cake is ready ! 😍.
- Tips : 1. You may bake two pieces of cake if you do not wish to cut the cake in the middle for icing. 2. Ensure that you use the right size of the cake tin. If the cake tin is too dip so as to fill in the batter till 1/4 only, the cake is likely to break while taking it out of the tin. I made that mistake and my cakes broke ! 3. Chill the cream and the bowl before whipping, but do not chill till the cream is frozen or else it will be of no use for icing even if you bring it's temperature down..
- 4. Chocolate chips gives an extra punch to the cake. Do not skip it. 5. It's important to whip the cream till stiff pick to keep the icing intact. Otherwise the icing will keep melting. Piping will also not be easy with softer cream as it will not hold it's shape. 6. Refrigerate the cake once iced..
- You may also make cupcakes using the same batter. Bake cupcake for 20-25 min. Frost them once they cool down. Sprinkle some cake crumbs for decoration..