Easy Pasta Carbonara.
You can have Easy Pasta Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Pasta Carbonara
- Prepare 1/2 of of a 12 Oz pkg of uncooked turkey bacon.
- Prepare 1 of small to medium onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 1 pkg (14.5 Oz) of bow tie pasta.
- Prepare 1 carton (32 Oz) of unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can (12 Oz) of fat free evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 Oz of fresh parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 Oz of reduced fat cream cheese softened.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas thawed.
Easy Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Stack bacon and cut in half lengthwise. Then cut cross wise into 1 inch pieces..
- Cook bacon in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. While this cooks finely chop your onion and garlic..
- Add onion, garlic chopped fine or pressed, and optional pepper flakes to skillet. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender..
- Add stock, evaporated milk, and pasta then stir together. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer 12-14 minutes or until pasta is still a little firm. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cream cheese, grated parmesan and thawed peas.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and creamy..