Red Velvet Cake with Homemade Icing. Today we r going to make red valvet cake at home. My special recipe today, is Red Velvet Funnel Cakes with a Cream Cheese Dipping Icing! You can find traditional funnel cakes at just about any fair or I will show you step by step how to make these delicious special desserts!
Why this recipe works: Baking the cake in a Bundt pan makes it not only easier to make, but it allows you to show off that deep red color of the cake. *TRIED AND TRUE* Southern red velvet cake made from scratch the old-fashioned way. Easy recipe with homemade cream cheese icing. "Easy, moist red velvet cake recipe full of Southern charm with a secret ingredient! Frosted with Cream Cheese frosting!" Watch me make this Easy, Moist Red. You can cook Red Velvet Cake with Homemade Icing using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake with Homemade Icing
- You need of Cake batter.
- You need 1 of Betty Crocker Cake Mix.
- You need 2 of Medium Eggs.
- You need 200 ml of water.
- You need 150 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need of Icing.
- Prepare 1 of Better Crocker Vanilla ButterCream Style Icing.
- Prepare of Or Homemade Icing.
- It’s 500 g of soft cheese.
- You need 300 ml of double cream.
- You need 170 g of icing sugar (alter to taste).
- It’s Drop of vanilla essence.
This Red Velvet Cake is one of the most mesmerizing cakes around. Everyone should have a good red velvet cake recipe in their back pocket—and this is it. It has a decadent chocolate flavor and the creamiest cream cheese frosting. This scrumptious red velvet cake is filled with a cooked frosting, which is not as sweet as many frostings.
Red Velvet Cake with Homemade Icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 180*C or Gas Mark 4. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix for 2-3 minutes until nicely blended and thick consistency.
- Place batter in desired tins nicely greased. You can choose to use one large tin and slice it in half, or 2 even size tins. [I did it in one tin and cut the batter in half]. Bake in oven for 28-32 minutes and leave aside..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the soft cheese until nicely soft. Once done, add in your icing sugar and whisk. Using another bowl, whisk the double cream and gently fold into the soft cheese. Add drop of vanilla essence and whisk final time for about 30 seconds, where the mix should be soft and fluffy..
- Once the cake is cooled, cut into 2 (if one batter was made) and apply your icing however you want..
- Top with fruits or leave plain and allow to set in fridge for 2-3 hours before eating.
Red Velvet Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You can't go wrong with a double-layered cake coated with delicious frosting. Homemade Red Velvet Cake Recipe Baked From Scratch. This Red Velvet Cake is completely made from scratch.yes the cake and icing to. Also, this dessert cake is perfect for holidays and special occasions such as birthdays, retirements, and promotion parties.