Pot Roast. Pot roast is beef dish by slow-cooking a usually tough cut of beef in moist heat, sometimes with vegetables. Tougher cuts such as chuck steak, bottom round. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor.
It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker. Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine! Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on cooking. You can have Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 3-4 pound of beef roast.
- Prepare 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of worchestire sauce.
- Prepare of RUB – I tbsp each salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 packet of beef stew seasoning (any brand).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that. Pot roast is a comfort food classic! Here's the easy way to make it perfectly every time! To most people, "pot roast" means slow-cooked beef with carrots, potatoes, or other vegetables added partway through cooking.
Pot Roast instructions
- Mix ingredients for rub. Use 3/4 of it to coat all sides of roast..
- Heat skillet on high. Add worcestershire sauce. Sear each side of the roast in a very hot pan..
- Place roast in center of roasting pan. Cut potatoes into 4s. Place potatoes and carrots around roast. Sprinkle the reminder of the rub over meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Mix beef stew packet with 1/2 cup water. It will be thick! Drizzle it all over the meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Cover and bake at 250 for 2 1/2 hours. After the first hour add a 1/2 cup of water. Baste every half hour..
- After finished cooking let sit for 15 minutes. Slice meat..
- Serve with the potatoes and carrots. Broth will be thick and rich! Enjoy!.
- I've made this for large gatherings. Always a crowd pleaser!.
- Another look at a larger roast. Just add extra potatoes and carrots!.
The term actually refers either to the cooking method or the dish. Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family. This recipe will work for a classic oven braise as well as in a slow cooker or Instant. Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe. The meat has wonderful marbling that helps it get tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious after cooking.