Fried red velvet donuts. These Red Velvet Donuts are fried, not baked. It's a day for indulgences isn't it? Red velvet is kind of naked without cream cheese.
For those of you who have never made something red velvet, this flavor is rich, decadent and will cure you of your chocolate cravings. These Red Velvet Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting will be the star of. First up, red velvet donuts plus two more other types of Valentine's donuts! You can have Fried red velvet donuts using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried red velvet donuts
- Prepare 6 c of flour.
- You need 1 TBS of yeast.
- You need 3/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 c of melted margarine.
- Prepare 2 c of warm water.
- You need 2 TBS of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of Red food color.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
I made some Valentine's donuts last year when I made these Baked S'mores donuts (I'm all about baked donuts because while fried donuts are deeeeelicious, they are awfully messy. Red velvet donuts topped with cream cheese frosting! Baked, not fried, they're super moist and fluffy! I hope you have some fun on the books for this weekend?
Fried red velvet donuts instructions
- In a bowl add flour, yeast, sugar, cocoa powder and mix well.
- Pour the margarine and mix together.
- Add color to the warm water to your desired brightness. Add the water a little at a time to the flour mixture and knead to a soft dough.
- Allow to rest for one hour. It will have doubled in size, punch down and rollout then cut into donuts. Leave to proof again for about 20mins.
- Heat oil on medium and fry. They won't turn completely brown just slightly cause of the red color. If they brown totally you'll be burning them.
- Allow to cool. Serve with tea.
You guys, recipes like this almost write the post for themselves. Donuts are always a crowd favorite, although they're typically fried – which I've tried to do in the past, without much success – so the fact that these donuts are baked make them so much more loveable. Gorgeous red velvet donuts made with simple ingredients and dipped in a delicious cream cheese frosting. …And then I'll bake Red Velvet Donuts. I'll glaze them with cream cheese frosting too. And I'll smile, cause I know somewhere someone is enjoy these as much as I am.