Brad's cottage pie. Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat.
Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. If you use lamb instead of beef you can call it a shepherd's pie. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. You can cook Brad's cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cottage pie
- You need of the veggies.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- It’s 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of the meat.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- You need 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s of the potatoes.
- You need 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- It’s 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- You need 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide.
Brad's cottage pie instructions
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
Wonderful cottage pie reminds me of the meals I had in my British school's canteen. Cottage Pie: made with ground beef in gravy and mashed potatoes, baked until hot and bubbling. There's nothing nicer on a cold, dark evening than to come home to big dish of bubbling cottage pie. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a.