You can cook Pasta Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- You need 1 pound of peppered bacon (from the butcher), cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of grated Romano cheese.
- You need 1 pound of pasta of your choice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of reserved pasta water, more as needed.
Pasta Carbonara instructions
- Cook bacon until it has reached desired crispiness..
- Whisk eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Romano cheese, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Set aside..
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but slightly firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water..
- Combine 1 cup of reserved pasta water and drained pasta with the bacon; stir to combine..
- Slowly pour egg mixture into the pasta mixture; cook, stirring constantly until the egg mixture forms a thick sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Serve with parsley and enjoy!.