Classic Red Velvet Cookies.
You can cook Classic Red Velvet Cookies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Red Velvet Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of maida / all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2-3 drops of red food colour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of softened butter/ghee.
- You need 3 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of white chocolate chips.
Classic Red Velvet Cookies step by step
- In a bowl add butter & powdered sugar & whisk it hard till it becomes light and fluffy..
- Now take another bowl, add maida, baking powder, salt, vanilla essence, cocoa powder. Mix everything well. Now add the vinegar+soda mixture to it & again mix everything well. Now add the butter+sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and mix everything well to form a soft dough..
- At last add few drops of red colour to it & Knead the dough very well to get a proper red colour. Lastly add some white choco-chips to it and mix them well with the dough..
- Now grease a plate with some ghee. Make small balls out of the dough. Flatten them a bit. Decorate it with some white choco-chips & keep it in a refrigerator for about 10 mins..
- Till that time, take a large kadai for pre-heating. Cover it's base with some salt & keep a stand over it. Cover it and pre-heat it in a medium flame for 3 mins & in low flame for about 5 mins..
- Then remove the cookie tray from the refrigerator & keep it inside the kadai, over the stand. Cover the kadai & bake them in a low flame for about half an hour. Use the same method with the rest of the batches. After 30 mins. remove the plate/tray from the kadai, leave it for as it is for about 15 mins then store the cookies in an air-tight container so that it remains fresh for long..