Moist red velvet cake. "Easy, moist red velvet cake recipe full of Southern charm with a secret ingredient! Frosted with Cream Cheese frosting!" Watch me make this Easy, Moist Red Velvet Cake from start to finish! How to make red velvet cake moist?
Red velvet cake ingredients: Should I use oil, butter or shortening? Absolutely the best Red Velvet Cake I have ever put in my mouth. I also added another tablespoon of cocoa powder and mixed my ingredients. You can have Moist red velvet cake using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist red velvet cake
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of sifted all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temp).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs (room temp).
- Prepare 1 of bottle[2oz] red food coloring.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk (rom temp).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
Red Velvet Cake is not just a chocolate cake with red food colouring added. This cake is softer than most, "velvet-like", and the chocolate taste is actually quite mild. The sponge is soft and velvety, true to it's name, with a buttery flavour, moist with a hint of chocolate, vanilla and tang from buttermilk. This is the BEST red velvet bundt cake recipe.if not the best red velvet cake recipe.
Moist red velvet cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the cocoa and food coloring to form a paste..
- In a large bowl mix with a hand mixer. the butter and sugar until fluffy..
- Beat in eggs one at a time then beat in the cocoa paste.
- Add 1/3 flour mixture to butter mixture,.
- Then 1/2 buttermilk, 1/3 flour mixture, second half butter milk then final 1/3 flour mixture.
- In small bowl mix vinegar and baking soda (it should fizz).
- Mix baking soda mixture into cake batter. mix well then quickly divide into cake pans.
- Grease your pan with a cooking spray or butter and Bake 30 – 35 minutes OR until a table knife inserted comes out clean. and leave to cool..
- GLAZE- mix 2/3 cup milk with 1/2 cup sugar in saucepan. bring to boil..
- Then pour and spread over the cooled cake. (it makes the even more moist and gives a nice base for frosting)..
It's incredibly moist and coated in a silky cream cheese glaze. By adding buttermilk and vinegar to the batter, it activates the baking soda to create this fluffy but "velvety" texture. This is BEST Red Velvet Cake recipe EVER is the recipe my mom used. It's soft, moist and tender, with the perfect red velvet flavor! My mom would always make this velvet red cake cake from scratch on Christmas when I was growing up.